Friday, February 27, 2004

A Found Poem from Any Pond

ALARM


Zounds! not a soul Will pass, and do obeisance to the cap.

Zounds, brother, you are mad, I think!

Zounds! I bleed still; I am hurt to the death.

Why, zounds! I am surprized myself.


Zounds! consort!

Zounds! an I were now by this rascal, I could brain him with his lady's fan.

Zounds! how has he the leisure to be sick In such a justling time?

Zounds, sir! then I insist on your quitting the room directly.


Zounds! will they not rob us?

Zounds! they’ll bring the whole country down upon them.

Zounds! madam, you had no taste when you married me!

Zounds and d—nation!


Zounds! he dies: I had forgot the reward.

Zounds! I will speak of him; and let my soul want mercy if I do not join with him.

Zounds! ye fat paunch, an ye call me coward, I’ll stab thee.

Zounds! he’ll drive me distracted, if I contain myself any longer.


Zounds, fellow, cease your deafning cheers!

Zounds! there's no bearing this; it's worse than death!


No comments: